Kanab City Library was filled with fond memories and tributes to Marolynn Watson at their Tenth Anniversary Open House on May 16th 2009. The Library Board and staff had gone all out to show off many highlights of the past ten years. There were displays showing library accomplishments and artifacts of the library in days of old. The library first started in 1915.
Marolynn Watson was the Library Director from 1980 to 2002. She got the funding and all of the approvals for the current library building. She was described as a “bulldog,” fighting hard for the community and the library. She received a special gift: a plaque to be put up on the entryway pillar. She and her son Rob flew in for the occasion.
Dicki Robinson, Library Director, gave a rousing speech about the library and Marolynn’s part in it. Rob Watson paid tribute to his mother and told many of the things she did to improve literacy in the community during her tenure as Director. Gail Glauser, Library Board Chair, presented the library a plaque that will be mounted in the front foyer.
Sheila Bernstein completed the day by playing “Impossible Dream.” A great time was had by all.