The results of our recent statewide Connecting to Collections Preservation Assessment are now compiled and a final report defining the State of Preservation in Utah has been drafted by Tom Clareson, our consultant on this project.
Everyone with a vested interest in the long-term health of collections in Utah is now invited to attend a Town Hall Meeting. This Town Hall Meeting will give you an opportunity to hear from our consultant about the survey results and discuss with the Connecting to Collections Steering Committee possible next steps for improving preservation in Utah. The Town Hall Meetings are scheduled for:
Tuesday 30 March, 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Southern Utah University, Sherratt Library
351 W. Center, Cedar City, UT 84720
Local contact: Janet Seegmiller, (435) 586-7945, email@example.com
Wednesday 31 March, 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Uintah County Library
155 East Main , Vernal, Utah 84078
Local contact: Sam Passey, (435) 789-0091, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 1 April, 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Utah State University Merrill-Cazier Library
3000 Old Main Hill, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322-3000
Local contact: Brad Cole, (435) 797-2631, email@example.com
Members of the Connecting to Collections Steering Committee include:
- Donna Jones Morris, Director/State Librarian, Utah State Library
- Patricia Smith-Mansfield, Director, Utah State Archives
- Philip F. Notarianni, Director, Utah State History
- Brent G. Thompson, Preservation Director, Church History Library
- Colleen Eggett, Training Coordinator, Utah State Library
- Laurel Casjens, Museum Specialist, Office of Museum Services
- Scott Duvall, Associate University Librarian, Brigham Young University
- Chris Erickson, Digital Preservation Officer, Brigham Young University
- Randy Silverman, Preservation Librarian, Univ. Of Utah (chair)
- Thomas F.R. Clareson, Director for New Initiatives, Lyrasis, Philadelphia, PA
These two-hour Town Hall Meetings are a one-time opportunity for you to participate in this evolving plan to improve preservation in this state and for your institution, and are made possible by a grant from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
Clareson, Thomas F.R. (10 March 2010). Utah connecting to collections survey report [Final consultant’s report; Utah C2C survey final report]. Atlanta, GA: LYRASIS.
Utah’s Connecting to Collections project: a statewide preservation initiative. Applicant: University of Utah (2009). Institute of Museum and Library Services. Available online: http://www.imls.gov/applicants/samples/CtoC/Utah.pdf.
A public trust at risk: the Heritage Health Index report on the state of America’s collections [HHI]. (2005). Heritage Health Index, a partnership between Heritage Preservation and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Available online: http://www.scribd.com/doc/12928521/The-Heritage-Health-Index-Report-on-the-State-of-Americas-Collections.
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND A TOWN HALL MEETING NEAR YOU